All trails lead to waterfalls, crater lakes or jungle-fringed beaches. Explored by horseback, on foot or by kayak, Costa Rica is a tropical choose-your-own-adventure land. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Costa Rica, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Costa Rica is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Snorkel the teeming reefs off Manzanillo, explore some of the globe’s best wildlife-watching destinations, or dig into Costa Rican culture and cuisine in San Jose; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Costa Rica and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Costa Rica:
• Full-color maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - cuisine, customs, history, landscapes & ecology, wildlife, surfing, cloud forests, politics.
• Over 50 color maps.
Covers: San Jose, Central Valley, Highlands, Northwestern Costa Rica, Peninsula de Nicoya, Central Pacific Coast, Southern Costa Rica, Peninsula de Osa, Golfo Duce, Carribean Coast, Northern Lowlands and more.